Welcome to Fun Car Hire!
Fun Car Hire has been operating and offering budget vehicle rental for the last 12 years.
We can proudly say that year on year we have been growing organically and have grown to a fleet of over 50 cars. Saying that, it can also be added that we are a family business that has retained its personal character and we strive to keep it that way.
We started out with the classic Beetles but have since added other cheap cars like Citi Golf, Mazda Sting, Kia Picanto, or similar, and automatic cars like Jeep Cherokee and Mercedes Benz. All our vehicles are in great condition and maintained to the highest standard. However these are older cars and things can go wrong, so we do ask our clients to look after the cars as if their own and to report any faults ASAP. In addition we do offer 24/7 roadside assistance and will repair or replace a faulty vehicle as soon as possible.
Most of our clients are return customers that have been using our services on a yearly basis for a couple of years, a few from the beginning.
It is always the biggest compliment for us when we receive an email or message of thanks from a happy client but even more so when I get a booking the following year from the same client or their friends and family.
It would be fantastic if we could have the same experience with you!!
- Rental is paid on receipt of the vehicle.
- The quote includes comprehensive insurance (if over 25 years old the excess would be R3000, if under and additional R1000 and if under 21 and/or having a drivers licence of less than 2 years another additional R1500) and unlimited mileage but within a radius of 150 km’s from central Cape Town and a radius limit of a 100km’s for the classic Beetles.
- We require a valid driver’s licence, and security to cover the liability excess (cash, eft, credit or debit cards).
- To secure the booking please provide us with your credit card details, local and foreign addresses and passport number.
- There will be additional charges for baby seats, GPS devices and roof racks.
- On receipt of traffic fines, we will immediately pay it. The cost will be added to the client’s account including an admin fee of R300/traffic fine.
- The vehicles must be returned in the same condition as received, there will be additional cost in case of body repairs and cleaning.
- The vehicle may not be driven outside the radius limit or on gravel roads.
- The client is responsible for the excess whether they’re at fault or not.
- We will however assist in recovering the excess if the other driver is insured.
- Please download the PDF of our complete rental agreement.